SEO, otherwise known as search engine optimization, is the complex job of optimizing and promoting a website so that it ranks highly in search engines like Google and Bing.
The problem is that this job has numerous areas that have to be worked on simultaneously. There aren’t any parts of SEO that can be performed and simply forgotten because they are done.
How is this possible?
Well, smart SEO managers are organized and use the right tools for the job. From performing a gap analysis to identify the best keywords to using data to identify low-hanging fruit terms, to auditing your site’s technical SEO, much has to be worked on simultaneously for your site’s ranking to improve.
Each tool plays its part in making sure the work is done and done well.
However, the SEO task manager is the most important, as without this the tasks won’t be as easy to manage, often causing missed tasks or late completions. How many times have you heard of companies having a long list of things that need to be done – content written, technical optimizations, articles promoted – but are always postponed because of lack of structure and organization?
How do I Manage my SEO Projects?
To manage and track your SEO projects, the following needs to be considered:
- Planning and overseeing all SEO services required, as agreed with the client[s]
- Assigning tasks to team members or freelancers
- Overseeing the scheduling and completion of tasks
- Using technology and software to improve efficiency, accuracy, and results
- Delivering reports
- Reviewing, testing, and optimizing strategies
- Updates for the clients, including detailed reports
In addition to this, the creative project manager may also be involved in meetings, identifying and engaging talent, researching competitors, and much more.
How can an SEO Task Manager Help?
Whether you are managing an SEO project for a single company, or for hundreds of websites, it is vital that tasks are completed on schedule and multiple tasks are worked on at the same time.
Doing this without a decent SEO task manager is near-on impossible and at the very least a right headache. So, here are a few ways a task manager for SEO projects can help:
- Provides a centralized project management hub, where all projects, tasks, and timelines can easily be managed. This greatly helps with timeline planning, reviewing progress, and keeping clients in the loop.
- Integrated communication allows emails, instant chat, shared documents and more. This increases collaboration and makes it far easier to not only run a project but also to discuss and adjust as projects progress.
- Time tracking for accurate prediction, billing, and payments.
- App integration so that all your favorite apps can be used and managed in one place, such as Google Drive, Slack, Dropbox and more.
- Custom reports make it easier to feedback to clients and to see exactly how everything is doing.
- Experiment tracking can help you to A/B test or simply check how content updates perform.
- Billing and invoicing should also be integrated, so that contractor or staff can be paid, as well as for correctly invoicing clients and providing them with a client area of records.
With many of the normal tasks automated, such as emailing tasks, an SEO task manager allows the SEO manager to focus on the bigger picture and grow their success.
Sometimes it is important to step back and organize, instead of battle through tasks daily. By making the right choices and incorporating technology, workloads can be dramatically reduced.
Is SEO Task Manager Worth the Investment?
In most cases, the results speak for themselves. So, why not try our free trial and see what you think.
At the end of the day, when you get more done and produce results, the increased revenues from successful SEO campaigns will likely make you wish you had made the change earlier.
Simply being able to manage more with less stress helps to make the SEO manager both more productive (and therefore more valuable), but also happier and less stressed.
Happy and productive staff are the way to go, so whether you are a company considering a task manager, or as an SEO manager yourself, give it a go and see how things can change for the better.