From link building to local optimization, there are countless effective SEO strategies. But implementing SEO strategies is incredibly time-consuming, and many businesses simply don’t have the resources to expend on these tasks. How can you get around this problem? The answer is SEO automation tools.
What is SEO Automation?
As its name suggests, SEO automation is the process of automating the search engine optimization of your website.
There are a number of tools and programs that are designed to assist with SEO automation. If you are ready to use SEO to grow your business, you may want to consider investing in one of these valuable automation solutions.
What Are the Benefits of SEO Automation?
Every business should consider investing in SEO automation tools. Some of the many benefits of using these tools include:
- Affordable: It is far more expensive to do everything by hand than it is to invest in an automated SEO tool.
- Accurate data: SEO automation tools will provide you with accurate data that is updated on a daily basis.
- Easy to experiment: These tools make implementing SEO strategies a breeze, so you can easily experiment with new ideas or SEO strategies without wasting valuable time or money.
- No need to hire a team: You won’t need to deal with the hassle—and cost—of hiring a third-party SEO team since the SEO automation tools will make it easier for you to manage your efforts on your own.
- Faster: You can start seeing results right away by implementing automated SEO efforts.
These are some of the many reasons why businesses of all sizes have turned to automated SEO tools for help with their SEO efforts.
Manual vs. Automated SEO: Which is Best?
If you want to improve your website’s ranking, the first decision you will need to make is whether you want to achieve your goals with manual or automated SEO.
Manual SEO involves implementing effective SEO strategies by hand either on your own or with the help of an SEO team or agency. Automated SEO, however, involves using SEO tools or platforms to assist in the implementation of these strategies. These don’t need to be mutually exclusive; you can hire a team and make their work faster and more effective by implementing SEO automation.
The larger your team is, and the more projects you take on, the harder it is to keep everything organized. SEO consists of dozens and dozens of tasks, some tiny, some very time-consuming, and it’s easy to forget a detail here or a detail there.
We’ve heard time and again how SEO teams struggle to keep it all together. The solution is to use Automated SEO to enhance the management of your SEO teams.
What SEO Tasks Can Be Automated?
Some SEO tasks must be performed manually, however, there are plenty of SEO tasks that can be automated, including:
- Position Tracking
- Monitoring for Broken Links
- Keyword Intent Analysis
- Editorial Calendar Management
Also known as rank tracking, this is the process of tracking how a website ranks on a daily basis for a specific set of keywords.
Monitoring for Broken Links
Add all of your earned links to the system so it can regularly crawl and alert you if any links are down. You can then send emails to get your links restored.
There are countless tools that will automate your SEO reporting so you don’t have to take the time to pull these reports every day, week, or month. You can customize the reports so they only contain the information that is important to you.
Keyword Intent Analysis
It’s important to understand why a user is searching for a specific keyword, which is why automated keyword intent analysis is crucial to your SEO efforts. This analysis will tell you the user’s purpose for performing a specific search.
This information will help you determine if you are targeting the right keywords and the right users. For example, a keyword intent analysis may reveal that you are targeting users who are performing informational queries. If your goal is to target users who are performing transactional queries, you can use the information gleaned from this analysis to adjust your keyword strategy.
Editorial Calendar Management
From mapping out your editorial strategy to assigning content to writers, to tracking the status of each content piece, there is a lot that needs to go into the creations and implementation of an editorial calendar.
It’s important to have a systematic way to create and track calendars to make sure all of your content deliverables are always on time.
What Are the Best SEO Automation Tools?
Some SEO automation tools are better than others. Don’t waste your time or money on an ineffective automation tool. Here’s an overview of the best SEO automation tools on the market:
- Gryffin: This tool was built by digital marketers for digital marketers. It sets itself apart by offering more than just SEO automation. In addition to SEO automation, you can use this tool to create editorial calendars and manage the workflow of content creation as well as link building.
- SE Ranking: This tool is designed to help businesses with their on-page SEO and backlinking to improve their ranking in the search results. It can also automatically audit your site to identify issues that need to be addressed.
- SEMRush: This SEO automation tool is primarily used for keyword research and keyword position tracking. However, it can also be used to analyze your competitors’ SEO efforts and run technical SEO audits.
- Ubersuggest: Incorporating the right keywords into your content plays a huge role in improving your SEO. Instead of conducting manual keyword research, use this free tool to find the keywords you need to climb to the top of the search results.
How to Use Gryffin for SEO Automation
There are many different SEO automation tools to choose from, but Gryffin is by far the best tool available today. A number of Gryffin’s features are designed to automate SEO tasks, including:
- Keyword research: Gryffin is integrated with SEMRush and Google Search Console so you can perform keyword research within the platform. This automated tool will help you identify “low-hanging fruit” keywords that should be included in your content to improve your ranking. Once you select them, you can add them to your keyword list for a site, and manage how those keywords are used and how they’re performing.
- Link building: You can track your blogger outreach efforts directly through Gryffin. The tool will automatically pull metrics on each website you are currently in contact with so you can confirm that you only communicate with sites that offer high quality, authoritative backlinks. In addition, you’ll be able to send out emails directly from the platform, track the next steps for each contact, and make sure that all of your outreach efforts are on task.
- Analytics: You can also track how each site performs within the Gryffin platform. This tool will automatically pull accurate, up-to-date data on traffic, impressions, click-through rates, rankings, conversions, average session duration, and more. You can also see how each campaign has impacted these metrics by tracking how each of them have changed over the last 30 days. Our integration with Google Analytics and Google Search Console allows you to keep historical data beyond GSC’s 16 month limit.
- Keyword position tracking: Using GSC data, Gryffin will also track how your website is ranking for each of your targeted keywords.
- Algorithm updates: Search engines update their algorithms on a regular basis. After an update, you can use Gryffin to see how the change impacted your website’s ranking. This will help you determine whether or not you need to take immediate action to address a significant drop in your ranking.
Take the first step toward automating your SEO efforts by requesting an invite or scheduling a free demo of Gryffin today.