There are tools for practically every trade. Accountants rely on QuickBooks for bookkeeping, whereas architects rely on computer assisted design (CAD) programs to create models and prototypes. Digital marketers also utilize tools in their day-to-day work. In fact, marketing agencies typically use a wide range of digital marketing management software to simplify their work.
Which ones are right for your agency? Here’s an overview of the top 20 digital marketing agency management software tools:
SEO Project Management
- Create, assign, and track digital marketing and SEO tasks from start to finish.
- Manage link building campaigns directly within this project management tool and quickly take action when opportunities arise by assigning new projects and tasks to your team.
- Create SEO experiments to determine how certain changes impact your site’s performance.
- Connect your Google Analytics account so you can access all of its data in Gryffin’s easy-to-read charts and tables.
Hive is a project management tool that can help your digital marketing team organize SEO tasks and improve their productivity.
- Visit the My Actions dashboard to see all of the projects and tasks assigned to you at a glance.
- Use Hive Forms to eliminate manual work by creating repeatable tasks that can be duplicated in seconds.
- Keep an eye on your team’s progress with colorful charts and graphs in Hive Analytics.
Trello is a simple project management tool that uses a board-based design to organize projects and tasks.
- Use boards, lists, cards, task assignments, timelines, and more to break projects down into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Attach files, images, and more to each Trello card so your team has access to everything they need to complete their tasks.
- Assign colored labels to cards to convey different statuses and priorities to your team.
This project management tool is built with all of the features your team needs to complete projects and achieve goals.
- Select how you want to visualize your workload: lists, timelines, or boards.
- Customize work request forms so your team knows what information they need to provide when creating new projects or tasks.
- Choose from dozens of different project templates or customize your own.
Email marketing is one of the most effective forms of digital marketing, so it’s not surprising that millions of emails are sent by marketers every day. Here are the tools you can use to create, send, and test emails to your target audience:
Thousands of companies use Hubspot to create and send effective email marketing campaigns to their target audiences.
- Use the drag-and-drop feature to customize the layout of your email. No coding skills are required.
- Access information from Hubspot’s CRM tool to tailor your emails to each user.
- Schedule emails to send at a specific date and time so you can plan out your email marketing campaign in advance.
- Generate custom email layouts and designs with Mailchimp’s AI-powered Creative Assistant.
- Build custom purchase paths to ensure you deliver the right email to the right customer at the right time.
- Visit the Audience Dashboard to learn more about your email subscribers so you can create more relevant content.
This email marketing tool is designed to help marketers create email campaigns for eCommerce or direct-to-consumer businesses.
- Conduct A/B testing to see how different content, subject lines, links, or layouts perform.
- Use Drip’s visual email builder to customize your emails in a matter of minutes.
- Create customizable sign-up forms to ensure you collect as much information as possible from new subscribers.
Constant Contact is a reliable platform that is ideal for marketers who are new to the world of email marketing.
- Set up automated drip email marketing campaigns to keep your subscribers engaged with your content.
- Browse through hundreds of different pre-made email templates or build your own custom design.
- Upload contact lists from third party tools, including Excel, Salesforce, and Outlook.
Social media plays an important role in every digital marketing campaign. But managing social media campaigns has become increasingly complicated over the years, which is why marketers often turn to these tools for help:
Sprout Social is designed to help marketers manage every element of their social media campaigns from start to finish.
- Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities to incorporate into your social media strategy.
- Create, schedule, and publish content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms.
- Monitor social media conversations for mentions of your brand and get notified whenever someone leaves a comment or sends a message to one of your accounts.
HootSuite, which was one of the social media management tools, is known for its simplistic design and user-friendly interface.
- Schedule posts across all of your social media platforms with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Access your digital asset library through the Hootsuite dashboard so you can add images to your social media posts.
- Respond to comments and direct messages through your Hootsuite inbox.
Buffer is a social media tool that provides publishing, analytics, and engagement services to marketers.
- Publish content directly on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn for an unlimited number of clients.
- Plan your Instagram stories in advance and set reminders so you don’t forget to post them at the appropriate time.
- Coordinate with your team and receive approval on every post before it goes live.
Unlike other social media tools, Later was created specifically for sharing visual social media posts such as videos, photos, and stories.
- Let the tool analyze your social media engagement data to determine the best time for you to post content.
- Find on-brand content created by other users that you can repost on your clients’ social media accounts.
- Drag and drop posts on your weekly or monthly calendar to create a visual board of all of your scheduled content.
A small change to your website can have a major impact on the results of your marketing efforts. Test and perfect your clients’ websites with these tools:
Are you working without a developer? If so, use Unbounce to build and test landing pages for your clients.
- Choose from over 100 landing page templates or use the drag-and-drop feature to build your own from scratch.
- Publish your completed landing page to your client’s domain.
- Customize your test landing pages with lead generation forms, thank you messages, and redirects.
Oracle Maxymiser is an advanced tool that allows you to run tests on countless different aspects of your clients’ websites.
- Choose between visual editing or code depending on your level of coding skills.
- Conduct various types of website tests, including A/B and multivariate testing.
- Segment your website traffic so you can choose which users you want to send to each test.
Google PageSpeed Insights
Google’s PageSpeed Insights is a free tool that analyzes your website and provides valuable feedback on how to improve its performance.
- Quickly tests how long it takes for your website to load on mobile and desktop devices.
- Provides a list of customized recommendations on improving your website’s page speed.
- Calculates an overall performance score based on your website’s loading time and other factors.
Lighthouse is another Google tool built to help marketers identify issues that are affecting the performance of their websites.
- Perform an SEO audit to analyze how well search engines can understand the content on your website.
- Conduct an accessibility audit to see how well users can access and navigate through the content on your website.
- Run a performance audit to identify opportunities to improve your website’s page speed.
A digital marketer’s work is never over–even after a campaign is successfully launched. Measure the success of your digital marketing efforts with these website analytics tools:
Every business with a digital presence can benefit from the wealth of data available in Google Analytics.
- See crucial metrics such as new users, sessions, page views, pages per session, average session duration, and bounce rate.
- Find out where your website traffic is coming from by viewing a list of your top acquisition channels.
- Learn more about the people visiting your site by analyzing their demographics, interests, and behavior.
Kissmetrics provides data on users as they move through every stage of the conversion journey so you can learn how to increase conversions and sales.
- Learn more about your “big spenders” so you can create content tailored specifically to them.
- Gain access to valuable data that can help you convert more trials into paying customers.
- Track important metrics such as new subscriptions, churns, lifetime revenue per customer, visitor to purchase conversion rate, and more.
Dig deep into data to learn more about how your users are interacting with your site once they land on your page.
- Find out where traffic is coming from, what pages they visit on your site, and where they end their session so you can make design changes accordingly.
- Generate heat maps highlight areas of your website that users interact with the most.
- Watch individual recordings of users visiting your website so you can see what they do once they arrive.
Ahrefs is tailored to SEO professionals, so it provides you with information that you can use to improve your website’s ranking within the search results.
- Keep track of how your website is ranking for targeted keywords over a specific period of time.
- Compare your website to your top competitors to see who is performing better.
- Get automated reports sent to your inbox on a regular basis so you don’t have to waste time manually pulling data.